If you’re getting ready for Passover and thinking about the foods you’ll be eating during the holiday, you might want to check out your local Whole Foods Market. This year, the store will exclusively offer several new kosher-for-Passover items from Kayco/Kedem Food Products, a leading manufacturer and distributor of kosher foods based in New Jersey.
Kedem’s new items include the first-ever kosher-for-Passover fair trade coffee; salted, chocolate-drizzled coconut macaroons; Ancient Grain Matzo and Gefen frozen mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes. The new products are in addition to the national grocer’s large selection of natural, gluten-free and dairy-free items.
The collaboration between Kedem Food Products and Whole Foods Market began close to a decade ago when they recognized a need for more natural and organic kosher food choices.
“Whole Foods Market has done something very special,” Harold Weiss, Kayco executive vice president, said in a press release. “They’ve recognized the need to serve consumers who want kosher lifestyle products that also meet the high quality and responsible sourcing standards which Whole Foods Market stands for, such as no artificial ingredients, fair trade, organic farming and more. Throughout our 10 years working together, Whole Foods Market has become a resource for a full range of traditional and innovative kosher products that fit a variety of lifestyles and dietary needs.”
Kedem’s lineup of kosher-for-Passover products will be available at the Whole Foods Markets at Tatum and Shea boulevards in Paradise Valley and at the Chandler store on Ray Road, just off Loop 101.
New items include:
• Harrison’s Sweet Shoppe Raspberry Syrup
• Glick’s Salted Chocolate Macaroons in two varieties
• Gefen frozen mashed potatoes (also sweet potatoes) & herbs, spices
• Prigat Juices, imported from Israel
• Yehuda Gluten-Free Unsalted and Ancient Grain Matzo
• Gefen Kartofele snacks, couscous and crackers (all gluten-free)
• Gefen chopped garlic, sautéed onions
• Gefen organic beets (peeled & ready to eat)
• Wissotzsky Nana Mint Tea
• Premier & Geula table covers and slow-cooker liners
• The Chosen Bean Fair Trade Coffee (three varieties)
• Avvio organic grape juice
• Glick’s chocolate chip, chocolate, coconut and almond macaroons (gluten-free)
• Harrison’s Original Sweet Shoppe Fair Trade Baking Chips, Natural Jelly Rings and Fruit Slices (gluten-free)
• Kedem Tilapia Gefilte Fish (gluten-free)
• Yehuda Organic Matzo
• Fox’s U-Bet, All-Natural & Fair Trade Chocolate Syrup
For more information, visit wholefoodsmarket.com. All photos courtesy of Kayco/Kedem Food Products.