Michael (Moses) Bernard Garvin, age 97, passed away peacefully on Sunday, Oct. 29, 2017 at Hospice of the Valley in Tempe, with his wife, Kathy, at his side. Michael was born on Aug.18, 1920 in Chicago, where he grew up before joining the Navy during World War II. After the military, he had a successful career as a dancer, traveling the world. After moving to Arizona, he became an interior decorator and continued teaching dancing. He got married to his wife, Kathy, at the age of 89. He loved kids, but never had a chance to have some of his own. He was a very gentle and kind soul, always seeing the world in positive light. He was observant and engaged as a cantor on holy days in Chabad Synagogue in Phoenix. He is survived by his wife, Kathy, his step-daughter Monika and two step-grandchildren, Penny and Hawk, whom he loved very much, two nieces and two nephews. His funeral service was held in Chicago on Thursday, Nov. 2. He was loved and he will be greatly missed. Arrangements by Sinai Mortuary.
- Genetic center introduces BRCA testing, name change
- Flagstaff’s first JCC incorporates the region’s beauty
- Thousands of Valley students to learn about the Holocaust in new way
- Actor Ed Asner speaks about autism at Gesher luncheon
- National director of ORT Russia to visit Valley
- Pro-Israel money is influential, but are we Jews the only ones allowed to say it?
- Investigation into anti-Semitic flyers in Mesa continues
- Obituaries - Feb. 22, 2019
- Bar/Bot Mitzvahs - Feb. 22, 2019
- Former astronaut Mark Kelly announces Senate run
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Feb 226th Street Park
Feb 28The Old Spaghetti Factory