For the second consecutive year, the Jewish Community Association of Greater Phoenix has partnered with the Greater Phoenix Board of Rabbis to offer learning opportunities for Shavuot. Tikkun Leil Shavuot will be held at multiple locations on Tuesday, June 3. Clergy from a number of participating synagogues will lead sessions on a variety of topics 7-10:15 p.m. at the Ina Levine Jewish Community Campus, 12701 N. Scottsdale Road. Click here for a schedule of topics and speakers.
Other participating locations are:
• Beth El Congregation: 1118 W. Glendale Ave., Phoenix, 7 p.m. Shavuot service. Learning sessions: "A New Reading of the Decalogue (inspired by the Code of Holiness - Leviticus 19)" with Rabbi Leo Abrami (7:45-8:35 p.m.). “Ruth Converted – Why Can’t I?” The conversion crisis in Israel with Rabbi Arthur Lavinsky (8:45-9:30 p.m.)
• Beth Emeth Congregation (with Temple Gan Elohim), 13702 W. Meeker Blvd., Sun City West, 6-9 p.m.
• Ruach Hamidbar-Spirit of the Desert: 5 p.m. hike and a 7-9 p.m. Torah study on Tuesday, June 3. For details and location, email email@example.com.
• Temple Beth Shalom: 7 p.m., 12202 N. 101st Ave., Sun City. A dairy reception followed by an in-depth study session and memorial service. 623-977-3240.
• Temple Beth Sholom of the East Valley (with Temple Emanuel of Tempe and Avde Torah Jayah), 3400 N. Dobson Road, Chandler. 7:15-8:15 p.m.: "Noah the Movie and Noah the Texts: An Exploration" with Rabbi Dean Shapiro; "Seven weeks to the Mountain of God When it is a Three-Day Hike" with Rabbi Yosef Garcia and "Don't Throw that Book in the Garbage: Sacred Texts and Sacred Text" with Rabbi Ken Leitner. 8:30-9:30 p.m.: "Jews and Obscenity: A Conversation on a Provocative new (and Scholarly) Book and Related Issues" with Dr. Amy Shevitz.
• The New Shul: 7825 E. Paradise Lane, Scottsdale: 9 p.m.-sunrise